Survey Says: Cloudera Leads in Big Data
IT End User Survey Finds Cloudera Is Vendor Most Associated with Hadoop Data Management Solutions and Is Top of Mind with Enterprises Evaluating and Implementing Big Data Deployments
PALO ALTO, CA and LONDON, England – November 11, 2013 – From Strata London: Cloudera , the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop ™, today announced findings from a recent IT end user survey of over 3,900 IT professionals, conducted by independent market analysis firm King Research . The survey found that users consistently associate Apache Hadoop with big data solutions and overwhelmingly indicated that Cloudera is the leading big data solution provider, most notably by enterprise users that are currently evaluating solutions, or that have already implemented a big data project. The survey focused on understanding what big data vendors and solutions are currently being utilized, who the market leaders are, and the primary motivations and concerns for companies in a range of industries including technology, banking/finance, telecom and healthcare.
"The market data shows that a strong majority of enterprises recognize they can do more with their data and either plan to, or have, implemented a big data deployment. Cloudera resoundingly stood out as the vendor people most associate with being a leader and innovator in the space," said Ross King, principal analyst at King Research. "The report also highlights the top of mind concerns for executives when selecting a Big Data solution and perhaps surprisingly, open source was not a concern. Instead, enterprises are looking to meet a complete set of requirements including security, performance, manageability and flexibility".
As more companies look to economically expand the analytic capabilities of their data infrastructure, we believe Hadoop-based data management platforms will continue to be a adopted broadly and expect to see an even greater number of companies being very specific about what vendor they select for their project."
The King Research survey found that performance and scalability are the two most important factors when selecting a Big Data vendor for those companies considering or already implementing a big data project. Other key findings of the report include:
- 81% of respondents who are currently doing a Big Data project named Cloudera as the vendor they most associate with Big Data - almost twice the response rate of the next closest vendor.
- More than twice as many respondents who were planning a big data project are considering Cloudera than the next closest vendor. The top three benefits from respondents who are currently doing a Big Data project were to:
1) Improve data analytics (66%)
2) Improve data processing and analytics performance (58%)
3) Make better decisions, faster (54%)
- Over 80% of respondents who have an active big data project and 60% who are planning for a Big Data project associate Cloudera most with Big Data. Cloudera repeatedly topped respondent shortlists of big data solution providers.
- Technical support and product features received the highest ranking from respondents evaluating big data solutions or with an active deployment, both registering over 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- The survey concludes that Cloudera is considered to be a technical leader, innovator and having an excellent product.
Additionally, the study captured what companies are looking to accomplish with a Big Data project:
- Companies are looking to augment or replace analytical databases and extract transform load processes, storage, enterprise data warehouse, and mainframes
- Top five applications: behavioral analysis, customer insights, research/innovation, and customer experience analysis
"This survey from King Research is further validation that Cloudera is, unequivocally, the category leader for analytic data management solutions powered by Hadoop," said Alan Saldich, vice president, Marketing, Cloudera. "Cloudera leads the list of solution providers that enterprise end users trust to support their big data deployments and look to for leading edge innovation. With the help of our partner ecosystem and the open source community, we will continue to deliver the most advanced, tested, stable and economical solutions to market as we continue in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the enterprise data management industry status quo."
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.