Java Development Kit Installation
Install the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) before deploying CDH4.
- To install the JDK, follow the instructions under Oracle JDK Installation. The completed installation must meet the requirements in the box below.
- If you have already installed a version of the JDK, make sure your installation meets the requirements in the box below.
- See CDH4 Requirements and Supported Versions for the recommended and supported JDK versions.
After installing the JDK, and before installing and deploying CDH:
- If you are deploying CDH on a cluster, make sure you have the same version of the Oracle JDK on each node.
- Make sure the JAVA_HOME environment variable is
set for the root user on each node. You can check by using a
$ sudo env | grep JAVA_HOME
It should be set to point to the directory where the JDK is installed, as shown in the example here.
- On systems on which sudo clears or restricts
environment variables, you also need to add the following line
to the /etc/sudoers
You may be able to install the Oracle JDK with your package manager, depending on your choice of operating system.
See this section for installation instructions.
|<< Previous: Mountable HDFS||Next: Oracle JDK Installation >>|