Installing Cloudera Manager and CDH
There are several paths to installing this version of Cloudera Manager, a version of CDH, and optionally Cloudera Impala, and Cloudera Search:
- Installation Path A: Automated installation of Cloudera Manager and CDH through an installation wizard
- Installation Path B: Installation of Cloudera Manager and CDH using your own method
- Installation Path C: Installation of Cloudera Manager using tarballs
- Upgrading Cloudera Manager from a previous version
Follow the instructions for only one of the installation paths.
Installation path A is the recommended path, because it automates the installation and configuration chores.
Any database type may be used with any of the paths.
Installation Path A
In Installation Path A, Cloudera Manager automates the installation of databases for Cloudera Manager and its services, the packages for Cloudera Manager and the Oracle JDK, and the parcels or packages for CDH and the other optional Cloudera products. This option is available if your cluster deployment meets the following requirements:
- Uniform SSH access to cluster hosts on the same port from Cloudera Manager Server host.
- All hosts must have access to standard package repositories.
- All hosts must have access to either archive.cloudera.com on the internet or to a local repository with the necessary installation files.
For Installation Path A instructions, click here.
Installation Path B
Follow Installation Path B if your cluster does not meet the requirements for Installation Path A, or if you want or need to manage the installation of the Cloudera Manager, Oracle JDK, and CDH packages yourself using whatever method you currently use to install software and configuration files on your cluster hosts.
For Installation Path B instructions, click here.
Installation Path C
Follow Installation Path C to install Cloudera Manager using tarballs provided by Cloudera.
For Installation Path C instructions, click here.
Upgrading Cloudera Manager and CDH
Follow one of the upgrade paths if your cluster already has an installation of a previous version of Cloudera Manager, the Cloudera Management Suite, or SCM Express Edition.
To upgrade to the latest version of Cloudera Manager, see Upgrading Cloudera Manager.
You can also upgrade CDH from within Cloudera Manager 4.5: see Upgrading CDH in a Cloudera Manager Deployment