Installing Cloudera Manager and CDH
- Installation Path A: Automated installation of Cloudera Manager and CDH through an installation wizard.
- Installation Path B: Installation of Cloudera Manager and CDH using your own method.
- Installation Path C: Installation of Cloudera Manager using tarballs.
- Upgrading Cloudera Manager from a previous version.
Any database type may be used with any of the paths.
Installation Path A
- Uniform SSH access to cluster hosts on the same port from Cloudera Manager Server host.
- All hosts have access to standard package repositories.
- All hosts have access to either archive.cloudera.com on the internet or to a local repository with the necessary installation files.
Installation Path B
Follow Installation Path B - Installation Using Your Own Method if your cluster does not meet the requirements for Installation Path A, or if you want or need to manage the installation of the Cloudera Manager, Oracle JDK, and CDH packages yourself using whatever method you currently use to install software and configuration files on your hosts.
Installation Path C
Follow Installation Path C - Installation Using Tarballs to install Cloudera Manager using tarballs provided by Cloudera.
Upgrading Cloudera Manager and CDH