Installing Cloudera Manager, CDH, and Managed Services
There are several methods to install Cloudera Manager and a version of CDH and other managed services:
- In Installation Path A - Automated Installation by Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Manager automates the installation of databases for Cloudera Manager and its services, the packages for Cloudera Manager and the Oracle JDK, and the parcels or packages for CDH and the other managed services. Installation Path A is the recommended path, because it automates installation and configuration chores. This option is available if your cluster deployment meets the following requirements:
- Uniform SSH access to cluster hosts on the same port from Cloudera Manager Server host.
- All hosts have access to standard package repositories.
- All hosts have access to either archive.cloudera.com on the internet or to a local repository with the necessary installation files.
- Follow Installation Path B - Manual Installation Using Cloudera Manager Packages if your cluster does not meet the requirements for Installation Path A, or if you want or need to manage the installation of the Cloudera Manager, Oracle JDK, and optionally CDH and managed service packages yourself using whatever method you currently use to install software and configuration files on your hosts.
- Follow Installation Path C - Manual Installation Using Tarballs and Parcels to install Cloudera Manager using tarballs provided by Cloudera and managed services using parcels.
- Follow one of the upgrade paths if your cluster already has an installation of a previous version of Cloudera Manager, CDH, and managed services.
: Follow the instructions for only one of the installation methods.