Testing the Installation
To begin testing, start the Cloudera Manager Admin Console. Once you've logged in, the left side of the screen should look a little like this:
What you see is a list of services currently running with their status information alongside. All your services should be running with Good Health. You can click on each service to view more detailed information about each service. You can also test your installation by either checking each Host's heartbeats, running a MapReduce job, or interacting with your cluster by running an existing Hue application.
Checking Host Heartbeats
One way to check whether all the Agents (hosts) are running is to look at the time since their last Heartbeat. You can do this by clicking the Hosts tab where you can see a list of all the Hosts along with the value of their Last Heartbeat. By default, every Agent must heartbeat successfully every 15 seconds. A recent value for the Last Heartbeat means that the Server and Agents are communicating successfully.
Running a MapReduce Job
- Log into a host in your cluster.
- Run the Hadoop example PiEstimator using one of the following commands:
- Parcel installation - sudo -u hdfs hadoop jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples.jar pi 10 100
- Package installation - sudo -u hdfs hadoop jar /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples.jar pi 10 100
- Depending on whether your cluster is configured to run MapReduce jobs on the YARN or MapReduce service, view the results of running the job by selecting one of the following from the top navigation bar in the Cloudera Manager Admin Console :
If you run the PiEstimator job on the YARN service (the default) you will see an entry like the following in yarn Applications:
Testing with Hue
- To do this, once logged into the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, from the list of Services on the left side of the screen, click hue.
- Click the Hue Web UI tab which opens in a new window.
- Log in with the default credentials, username: admin, password: admin
- To test a Hue application, click on the appropriate icon in the navigation bar at the top of the browser window.
You can now browse HDFS, manage a Hive metastore and run Cloudera Impala queries, Pig scripts, or Oozie workflows. For more information, see Hue User Guide.