Upgrading Cloudera Search
There are several ways to upgrade Cloudera Search. Generally, the process involves stopping Cloudera Search services, updating Search to the latest version, and then restarting Cloudera Search services. Updating Search can be achieved using your operating system's package management tool, to upgrade Cloudera Search to the latest version, and then restarting Cloudera Search services.
Upgrading with Cloudera Manager
- For CDH 4, follow the instructions for upgrading an individual parcel at Using parcels. If you need to upgrade CDH 4, you can upgrade the Search parcel at the same time; follow the instructions at Upgrading to the Latest Version of CDH4 in a Cloudera Manager Deployment.
- For CDH 5 Beta 2 (with Cloudera Manager 5 Beta 2), follow the instructions at Upgrading CDH in a Cloudera Manager Deployment.
Upgrading Manually without Cloudera Manager
The update process is different for CDH 4 or CDH 5. With CDH 4, Search is a separate package, with its own repo file. Thus, you need to upgrade CDH 4 and Search For CDH 5, Search is included in the CDH 5 repo.
- All collection configurations
Make sure you make a copy on every node that is part of the SolrCloud.
- To upgrade if you are running CDH 4 see Upgrading Search in CDH 4.
- If you are running CDH 4 and want to upgrade to Search for CDH 5, see Upgrade Search from CDH 4 to CDH 5.
- Cloudera strongly recommends that you install Cloudera Enterprise 5.0 Beta 2 and CDH 5 Beta 2 on test clusters or new clusters only. In the case of existing clusters, Cloudera fully supports upgrade from Cloudera Enterprise 4.x and CDH 4.x to Cloudera Enterprise 5.0 Beta 2 and CDH 5 Beta 2. If you have a particular need to upgrade a cluster running Cloudera Enterprise 5.0 Beta 1 or CDH 5 Beta 1 to Beta 2, customers can contact Cloudera Support for further instructions. If you are not a customer, ask for assistance on the Cloudera Community forum.