Configuring Alert Delivery
Under the Alert Publisher role of the Cloudera Manager Management Service, you can configure email or SNMP delivery of alert notifications.
Configuring Alert Email Delivery
When you install the Cloudera Manager Management Services, it asks you for information about the mail server you will use with the Alert Publisher. However, if you need to change these settings, you can do so under the Alert Publisher section of the Management Services configuration tab.
Note that if you just want to add to or modify the list of alert recipient email addresses, you can do from the Alerts page, accessed under thetab.
You can also send a test alert e-mail from the Alerts page under the Administration tab.
You can enable and disable email alerts delivery entirely (without changing the other email settings) with the Enable email alerts property.
To enable, disable, or configure email alerts:
- From the Services tab, select the Cloudera Management Services service instance.
- Select .
- Select the Alert Publisher
(Default) role group to see the list of properties. In order to receive email alerts
you must set (or verify) the following settings:
- Email protocol to use.
- Your mail server hostname and port.
- The username and password of the email user that will be logged into the mail server as the "sender" of the alert emails.
- A comma-separated list of email addresses that will be the recipients of alert emails.
- The format of the email alert message. Select json if you need the message to be parsed by a script or program.
- Click the Save Changes button at the top of the page to save your settings.
- You will need to restart the Alert Publisher role to have these changes take effect.
The following pages have more details on configuring SNMP and alerts:
|<< Managing Licenses||Configuring SNMP >>|