Other Cloudera Manager Settings
From thetab you can select options for configuring settings that affect how Cloudera Manager interacts with your cluster.
- Performance - Set the Cloudera Manager Agent heartbeat interval.
- Advanced - Enable API debugging and other advanced options.
- Monitoring - Set Agent health status parameters. For configuration instructions, see Configuring Cloudera Manager Agents.
- Security - Set TLS encryption settings to enable TLS encryption between the Cloudera Manager Server, Agents, and clients. For configuration instructions, see Configuring TLS Security for Cloudera Manager. You can also:
- Set the realm for Kerberos security and point to a custom keytab retrieval script. For configuration instructions, see Configuring Hadoop Security with Cloudera Manager.
- Specify session timeout and a "Remember Me" option.
- Ports and Addresses - Set ports for the Cloudera Manager Admin Console and Server. For configuration instructions, see Configuring Cloudera Manager Server Ports.
- Enable Cloudera usage data collection For configuration instructions, see Managing Anonymous Usage Data Collection.
- Set a custom header color and banner text for the Admin console.
- Set an "Information Assurance Policy" statement – this statement will be presented to every user before they are allowed to access the login dialog. The user must click "I Agree" in order to proceed to the login dialog.
- Disable/enable the auto-search for the Events panel at the bottom of a page.
- Configure diagnostic data collection properties. See Diagnostic Data Collection.
- Configure how to access Cloudera Manager help files. By default, when you click the Help link under the Support menu in the Cloudera Manager Admin console, Help files from the Cloudera web site are opened. This is because local Help files are not updated after installation. You can configure Cloudera Manager to open either the latest Help files from the Cloudera web site (this option requires Internet access from the browser) or locally-installed Help files by configuring the property Open latest Help files from the Cloudera website.
- External Authentication - Specify the configuration to use LDAP, Active Directory, or an external program for authentication. See Configuring External Authentication for instructions.
- Parcels - Configure settings for parcels, including the location of remote repositories that should be made available for download, and other settings such as the frequency with which Cloudera Manager will check for new parcels, limits on the number of downloads or concurrent distribution uploads. See Parcels for more information.
- Network - Configure proxy server settings.
- Custom Service Descriptors - Configure custom service descriptor properties for Add-on Services.
User Interface Language Settings
You can change the language of the Cloudera Manager Admin Console User Interface through the language preference in your browser. Information on how to do this for the browsers supported by Cloudera Manager is shown under the Administration page. You can also change the language for the information provided with activity and health events, and for alert email messages by selecting Language, selecting the language you want from the drop-down list on this page, then clicking Save Changes.