Cloudera Connector for Netezza Release Notes
This section summarizes the high level changes and most important new features in the Cloudera Connector for Netezza.
Current Release Versions: 1.2c4, 1.2c5
CDH Versions Supported: CDH 4, CDH 5
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Netezza 1.2c4, 1.2c5
New argument added:
- --nz-uploaddir: Generated Netezza logs will be stored in the HDFS directory specified for this parameter.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Netezza 1.1.1
- Direct mode now supports extra argument --nz-ctrlchars, that will allow processing data with ASCII characters of value 31 and less.
- Direct mode now supports Sqoop parameters --null-string and --input-null-string that will user allow to override the default NULL substitution character.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Netezza 1.1.0
- This release updates the connectors package to be compatible with Sqoop 1.4, the version released with CDH4.0.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Netezza 1.0.5
- This release updated the connectors package to be compatible with Sqoop 1.3, the version released with CDH3u3.
- The connector now supports the LOGDIR directive for Netezza. Refer to the Cloudera Connector for Netezza User Guide on details on how to use this feature.
- The problem of jobs hanging when running import or export against views has been resolved. The connector now displays an error message when used for a job that operates against objects other than regular tables in Netezza.
- Support for the NCHAR datatype has been added in this release.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Netezza 1.0.1
- This release updated the connectors package to be compatible with Sqoop 1.2, the version released with CDH3u0.
- Updates the Netezza connector to better handle long strings on exports.
- The connector now supports the NVARCHAR type.
- The connector now supports the MAXERRORS directive. Refer to the Cloudera Connector for Netezza User Guide on details on how to use this feature.
Known Issues and Work Arounds
— The Boolean datatype format is incompatible between import and export when using direct mode.
When using the Netezza connector in direct mode to import data of type boolean, the format used by the connector is 'T' or 'F' to represent True or False values. However, when doing an export of data from HDFS to Netezza using the connector in direct mode, the expected boolean format is 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'. Work around: Either convert the data to use 'TRUE'/'FALSE' style representation of boolean data values prior to doing a direct mode export, or use the regular mode of export instead of direct mode for this type of data. Expected Resolution: Planned to be fixed in a future release of the connector.
|Cloudera Connector for Netezza User Guide >>|