Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata Release Notes
This section summarizes the high level changes and most important new features in the Cloudera Connectors for Teradata. For more information on how to choose the correct connector for your environment, see Choosing a Teradata Connector.
New Features in Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata Versions 1.4c4, 1.4c5
- Added support for JDK 8.
- Added --error-database option.
- Added ability to specify format of date, time, and timestamp types when importing into CSV.
- Import method split.by.amp now supports views.
- Upgraded Teradata connector for Hadoop to version 1.3.4.
New Features and Changes in Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata 1.3c4, 1.3c5
- Upgraded Teradata Connector for Hadoop to version 1.3.3.
- Parcel distribution now contains Teradata JDBC driver; manual download no longer required.
- Added support for query import into Avro file format.
- Export method multiple.fastload has been removed.
New Features in Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata Versions 1.2c4, 1.2c5
- Upgraded Teradata Connector for Hadoop to version 1.2.1.
- Added support for Avro.
- Added support for Incremental import.
- Added support for --where argument.
- Added support for Hive import.
- Added support for Importing all tables using import-all-tables.
- Added support for Query Bands.
- Added new import method split.by.amp (supported only on Teradata 14.10 and later).
New Features in Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata Version 1.0.0
This is the first release of this new connector. This connector features:
- Support for secondary indexes.
- Especially fast performance in most cases.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Teradata Version 1.1.1
- Add capability to use arbitrary name for staging tables on export.
- Usage of --driver parameter will turn off this connector similarly as rest of the connectors in Sqoop.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Teradata Version 1.1.0
- This release updates the connectors package to be compatible with Sqoop 1.4, the version released with CDH4.0.0. It has been tested with CDH4.0.0.
- Free-form query is now supported under temporary table usage.
- Added support for session query bands.
- Refer to the Cloudera Connector for Teradata User Guide, version 1.1.1 for installation and usage instructions.
New Features in Cloudera Connector for Teradata Version 1.0.5
- This release updates the connectors package to be compatible with Sqoop 1.3, the version released with CDH3u3 and CDH3u4.
- The connector now supports the import or export of a table with column names that are reserved words or contain special characters.
- The connector now properly handles the import or export of a table that is not prefixed with a database name, when the connected database is different from the authenticated user.
- This release fixes the problem where an import or export of a table prefixed with a database name would incorrectly throw a "The length of temporary table name exceeds server limit" error.
- The connector can now handle a JDBC URL without a trailing "/", i.e. something like jdbc:teradata://host:port.
Known Issues and Work Arounds
|Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata User Guide >>|