Installing and Using HCatalog
As of CDH 5, HCatalog is part of Apache Hive.
HCatalog provides table data access for CDH components such as Pig, Sqoop, and MapReduce. Table definitions are maintained in the Hive metastore, which HCatalog requires. HCatalog makes the same table information available to Hive, Pig, MapReduce, and REST clients. This page explains how to install and configure HCatalog for REST access and for MapReduce and Pig access. For Sqoop, see the section on Sqoop-HCatalog integration in the Sqoop User Guide.
- Installing and Upgrading the HCatalog RPM or Debian Packages
- Host Configuration Changes
- Starting and Stopping the WebHCat REST Server
- Accessing Table Data with the Command-line API
- Accessing Table Data with MapReduce
- Accessing Table Data with Pig
- Accessing Table Data with REST
- Apache HCatalog Documentation
For more information, see the HCatalog documentation.
|<< Viewing the HBase Documentation||HCatalog Prerequisites >>|