About Sqoop 2
Sqoop 2 is a server-based tool designed to transfer data between Hadoop and relational databases. You can use Sqoop 2 to import data from a relational database management system (RDBMS) such as MySQL or Oracle into the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), transform the data with Hadoop MapReduce, and then export it back into an RDBMS.
- To find out more about Sqoop 2, see Viewing the Sqoop 2 Documentation.
- To install Sqoop 2, follow the directions on this page.
Sqoop 2 Packaging
There are three packaging options for installing Sqoop 2:
- Tarball (.tgz) that contains both the Sqoop 2 server and the client.
- Separate RPM packages for Sqoop 2 server (sqoop2-server) and client (sqoop2-client)
- Separate Debian packages for Sqoop 2 server (sqoop2-server) and client (sqoop2-client)
|<< Upgrading Sqoop 2 from an Earlier CDH 5 Release||Installing Sqoop 2 >>|