This section describes how to get support.
Cloudera can help you install, configure, optimize, tune, and run CDH for large scale data processing and analysis. Cloudera supports CDH whether you run it on servers in your own data center, or on hosted infrastructure services such as Amazon EC2, Rackspace, SoftLayer, and VMware vCloud.
If you are a Cloudera customer, you can:
- Register for an account to create a support ticket at the support site.
- Visit the Cloudera Knowledge Base.
If you are not a Cloudera customer, learn how Cloudera can help you.
Information Required for Logging a Support Case
- If possible, provide a diagnostic data bundle following the instructions in Collecting and Sending Diagnostic Data to Cloudera.
- Provide details about the issue such as what was observed and what the impact was.
- Provide any error messages that were seen, using screen capture if necessary & attach to the case.
- If you were running a command or performing a series of steps, provide the commands and the results, captured to a file if possible.
- Specify whether the issue took place in a new install or a previously-working cluster.
- Mention any configuration changes made in the follow-up to the issue being seen.
- Specify the type of release environment the issue is taking place in, such as sandbox, development, or production.
- The severity of the impact and whether it is causing outage.
There are several vehicles for community support. You can:
- Register for the Cloudera user groups.
- If you have any questions or comments about CDH, you can
- If you have any questions or comments about Cloudera Manager, you can
- Send a message to the Cloudera Manager user list: email@example.com.
- Visit the Cloudera Manager forum.
- As a Cloudera Express user, you can also access the Cloudera Manager support mailing list from within the Cloudera Manager Admin Console by selecting .
- If you are a Cloudera Enterprise customer, you can access the Cloudera Support Portal from within the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, by selecting . From there you can register for a support account, create a support ticket, and access the Cloudera Knowledge Base.
Get Announcements about New Releases
To get information about releases and updates for all products, visit the Release Announcements forum.
Cloudera tracks software and documentation bugs and enhancement requests for CDH on issues.cloudera.org.
|<< Supportability||Cloudera Release Guide >>|