Installing Cloudera Manager, CDH, and Managed Services
The following diagram illustrates the phases required to install Cloudera
Manager and a Cloudera Manager deployment of CDH and managed services.
Every phase is required, but you can accomplish each phase in multiple
ways, depending on your organization's policies and requirements.
The six phases are grouped into three installation paths based on how the Cloudera Manager Server and database software are installed on the Cloudera Manager Server and cluster hosts. The criteria for choosing an installation path are discussed in Cloudera Manager Deployment.
Cloudera Manager Installation Software
- Installation path A - A small self-executing Cloudera
Manager installation program to install the Cloudera Manager Server
and other packages. The Cloudera Manager installer, which you
install on the host where you want the Cloudera Manager Server to
run, performs the following:
- Installs the package repositories for Cloudera Manager and the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Installs the Cloudera Manager packages
- Installs and configures an embedded PostgreSQL database for use by the Cloudera Manager Server, some Cloudera Management Service roles, some managed services, and Cloudera Navigator roles
- Installation paths B and C - Cloudera Manager package repositories for manually installing the Cloudera Manager Server, Agent, and embedded database packages.
- Installation path B - The Cloudera Manager Installation wizard for automating installation of Cloudera Manager Agent package.
- All installation paths - The Cloudera Manager Installation
wizard for automating CDH and managed service installation and
configuration on the cluster hosts. Cloudera Manager provides two
methods for installing CDH and managed services: parcels and
packages. Parcels simplify the installation process and allow you to
download, distribute, and activate new versions of CDH and managed
services from within Cloudera Manager. After you install Cloudera
Manager and you connect to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console for
the first time, use the Cloudera Manager Installation wizard to:
- Discover cluster hosts
- Optionally install the Oracle JDK
- Optionally install CDH, managed service, and Cloudera Manager Agent software on cluster hosts
- Select services
- Map service roles to hosts
- Edit service configurations
- Start services
|<< Java Development Kit Installation||Cloudera Manager and Managed Service Data Stores >>|