Installing Cloudera Manager, CDH, and Managed Services
The following diagram illustrates the phases required to install Cloudera
Manager and a Cloudera Manager deployment of CDH and managed services.
Every phase is required, but you can accomplish each phase in multiple
ways, depending on your organization's policies and requirements.
The six phases are grouped into three installation paths based on how the Cloudera Manager Server and database software are installed on the Cloudera Manager Server and cluster hosts. The criteria for choosing an installation path are discussed in Cloudera Manager Deployment.
Cloudera Manager Installation Software
- Installation path A - A small self-executing Cloudera Manager
installation program to install the Cloudera Manager Server and
other packages in preparation for host installation. The Cloudera
Manager installer, which you install on the host where you want the
Cloudera Manager Server to run, performs the following:
- Installs the package repositories for Cloudera Manager and the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Installs the Cloudera Manager packages
- Installs and configures an embedded PostgreSQL database for use by the Cloudera Manager Server, some Cloudera Management Service roles, some managed services, and Cloudera Navigator roles
- Installation paths B and C - Cloudera Manager package repositories for manually installing the Cloudera Manager Server, Agent, and embedded database packages.
- All installation paths - The Cloudera Manager Installation wizard for
automating CDH and managed service installation and configuration on
the cluster hosts. Cloudera Manager provides two methods for
installing CDH and managed services: parcels and packages. Parcels
simplify the installation process and allow you to download,
distribute, and activate new versions of CDH and managed services
from within Cloudera Manager. After you install Cloudera Manager and
you connect to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console for the first
time, use the Cloudera Manager Installation wizard to:
- Discover cluster hosts
- Optionally install the Oracle JDK
- Optionally install CDH, managed service, and Cloudera Manager Agent software on cluster hosts
- Select services
- Map service roles to hosts
- Edit service configurations
- Start services
|<< Java Development Kit Installation||Cloudera Manager and Managed Service Data Stores >>|