Cloudera Data Analyst Training
Using Pig, Hive, and Impala with Hadoop
Cloudera University’s three-day data analyst course is for anyone who wants to access, manipulate, and analyze massive data sets in the Hadoop cluster using SQL and familiar scripting languages. This is the core curriculum in the data analyst learning path.
The professionalism and expansive technical knowledge demonstrated by our classroom instructor were incredible. The quality of Cloudera training was on par with a university.
– General Dynamics
Advance Your Ecosystem Expertise
Apache Pig applies the fundamentals of familiar scripting languages to the Hadoop cluster. Apache Hive makes transformation and analysis of complex, multi-structured data scalable in Hadoop. Cloudera Impala enables real-time interactive analysis of the data stored in Hadoop via a native SQL environment.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The fundamentals of Apache Hadoop and data ETL (extract, transform, load), ingestion, and processing with Hadoop tools
- Joining multiple data sets and analyzing disparate data with Pig
- Organizing data into tables, performing transformations, and simplifying complex queries with Hive
- Performing real-time interactive analyses on massive data sets stored in HDFS or HBase using SQL with Impala
- How to pick the best tool for a given task in Hadoop, achieve interoperability, and manage recurring workflows
Audience & Prerequisites
This course is best suited to data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, and administrators who have experience with SQL and basic UNIX or Linux commands. A background in Java is not required. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Data Scientist Certification
Data Analyst Training is a useful precursor to Introduction to Data Science and the Cloudera Certified Professional: Data Scientist exams. Certification is a great differentiator; it helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
We also provide private training at your site, at your pace, and tailored to your needs.
Advance Your Career
Big Data analysts are among the world's most in-demand and highly-compensated technical roles. Check out some of the job opportunities currently listed that match the professional profile, many of which seek experience with Impala, Hive, and Pig.