Cloudera Essentials for Apache Hadoop
Applying the Fundamentals of Big Data and Hadoop
Cloudera University's one-day essentials course presents an overview of Apache Hadoop and how it can help decision-makers meet business goals, providing a fundamental introduction to the main components of Hadoop and its use cases in various industries. This course is a good starting point for any role or set of objectives and is part of the data analyst learning path and is also available as a free online video series.
I came away from the class with a far more solid understanding of the inner workings of MapReduce. Questions, no matter how detailed, were encouraged and answered precisely by Cloudera's well-prepared instructor.
– Alion Science and Technology
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The occasions on which Hadoop is the appropriate platform for managing and analyzing data
- The ways organizations in different verticals are using Hadoop to maximize the value of data
- How Hadoop fits into the existing hardware, software, and data environment
- What you need to know about choosing Hadoop for your company
- Which resources are necessary to effectively deploy Hadoop in development and production
Audience & Prerequisites
This course is best suited to anyone who wants the big picture of Hadoop in the enterprise: CTOs, CIOs, technical managers, architects, data analysts, developers, administrators. A basic level of technical proficiency is valuable. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
We can also provide private training on site, at your pace, and tailored to your needs.