Cloudera Training for Apache HBase
Enabling Real-Time Storage of Massive Data in Hadoop
Cloudera University’s four-day HBase course enables participants to store and access massive quantities of multi-structured data and perform hundreds of thousands of operations per second. This course is part of both the developer learning path and the administrator learning path.
Training was a key factor in our decision to go with Cloudera Enterprise. The right education helps make software a solution and helped make our team ready to engage with all our data.
– Servicio de Impuestos Internos de Chile
Advance Your Ecosystem Expertise
Apache HBase is a distributed, scalable, NoSQL database for Big Data built on Hadoop. HBase can store data in massive tables consisting of billions of rows and millions of columns, serve data to many users in near real time, and provide fast, random read/write access to applications.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The use cases and usage occasions for HBase, Hadoop, and RDBMS
- Using the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- Designing optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API, configure the HBase cluster, and administer an HBase cluster
- Best practices for identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Audience & Prerequisites
This course is best suited to developers and administrators who have experience with databases and data modeling, although it is not required. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Upon completion of the course, attendees receive a Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase (CCSHB) practice test. Certification is a great differentiator; it helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
We also provide private training at your site, at your pace, and tailored to your needs.Onsite Request »