Cloudera Executives Weigh in on Future of Hadoop at Strata + Hadoop World 2013
Keynotes From Chief Strategy Officer Mike Olson and Chief Architect Doug Cutting at Premier Data Industry Event
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 8, 2013) - Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, unveiled its speaker lineup for Strata + Hadoop World 2013 today. More than a dozen Cloudera executives and engineers are slated to speak at the event. Speakers will share invaluable insights, use cases and best practices on topics ranging from technologies in the Hadoop stack, to the evolution of the data management industry, as Hadoop becomes the de facto next generation data management system.
Co-located with O'Reilly's Strata New York City conference for its second year, Strata + Hadoop World has grown to become the premier event in the data management industry, bringing together many of the brightest practitioners, end users, committers, commentators and innovators in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem. This year's event is expected to draw record attendance, with well over 2,500 end users, business leaders, solution providers, and open source contributors for three days of tutorials, workshops and discussions about the tools and techniques that make data work.
Join Mike Olson for: Hadoop's Impact on the Future of Data Management
Kicking off the conference with the event's opening keynote on October 29 at 8:55am ET, Cloudera Chief Strategy Officer and Chairman, Mike Olson will discuss how Hadoop is shaping the trajectory of the data management industry, offering insights and predictions for how it will ultimately shape the enterprise datacenter.
"Hadoop's velocity -- its dramatic increase in capabilities over the last several years, and its pace of adoption by large enterprises for big data workloads -- has been nothing short of extraordinary. The speed of that change has shaken the very foundation of the technology industry, and it's clear that the revolution has only begun," said Olson. "At Cloudera, we're proud to be driving the product and the business innovation that will make Big Data dominant in the years to come. With our partners, we're empowering a fast-growing number of organizations to ask bigger questions. The second year of our joint conference with O'Reilly promises to be the most exciting, and best-attended, Hadoop World yet."
Join Doug Cutting for: The Future of Hadoop: What Happened and What's Possible?
Hadoop Co-creator and Cloudera's Chief Architect, Doug Cutting will discuss the future of Hadoop during his keynote session on October 30 at 8:50am ET. In addition to founding Hadoop, Cutting is also a founder of several other Apache open source projects, including Lucene, Nutch and Avro.
"I look forward to Strata + Hadoop World each year and am continually inspired by the innovators it attracts, gathering together with the shared goal of learning and exchanging ideas to solve some of society and business's greatest challenges," said Cutting. "Data holds the answers to highly complex questions in health and earth sciences, business and beyond, if only we could recognize the patterns. Working together, the Hadoop ecosystem is putting this level of detailed analysis within reach. This is a community that is changing the world we live in."
Connect with Cloudera at Strata + Hadoop World
- Visit Booth #408 in the Sponsor Pavilion: Learn more about Cloudera's complete portfolio of open source and enterprise-grade management solutions, training and support services for the Apache Hadoop stack and beyond. See demos of the latest versions of Cloudera Manager, Impala, Search and Hue: the open source UI that makes Hadoop easier to use.
Join Talks and Tutorials with Cloudera Executives and Engineers
- Mike Olson, chairman and chief strategy officer: Hadoop's Impact on the Future of Data Management
- Doug Cutting, chief architect: The Future of Hadoop: What Happened and What's Possible?
- Tom White, software engineer; Eric Sammer, Principal Solutions Architect; Joey Echeverria, Senior Solutions Architect: How to Build a Hadoop Data Application
- Henry Robinson, software engineer: From Promise to Platform: Next Steps for Bringing Workload Diversity to Hadoop
- Jonathan Hsieh, software engineer: What's Next for Apache HBase: Multi-tenancy, Predictability, and Extensions
- Aaron Myers, software engineer; Shreepadma Venugopalan, software engineer: Securing the Apache Hadoop Ecosystem
- Erich Hochmuth, Big Data and Analytics team lead, Monsanto; Amandeep Khurana, solutions architect, Cloudera: Working with Geospatial Data Using Hadoop and HBase and How Monsanto Used It to Help Farmers Increase Their Yield
- Jayant Shekhar, solutions architect: Unifying Your Data Management Platform with Hadoop: Batch and Real-time Machine Data Ingest, Alerts and Analytics
- Greg Rahn, solutions architect: Practical Performance Analysis and Tuning for Cloudera Impala
- Philip Zeyliger, software engineer: Trickery and Tooling for Distributed System Diagnosis and Debugging
Learn, Network and Engage at Community Meetups
- Apache Sqoop User Meetup
- Apache Hive User Group Meeting
- Apache HBase NYC
- New York Hadoop User Group
- Hue Users and Hadoop UI Meetup
- Cloudera Manager Meetup
- Apache Flume User Meetup
- Parquet Format + Impala NYC Meetup
- Apache Sentry Meetup (hosted by Oracle)
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,700 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect With Cloudera
Read our blogs: http://www.cloudera.com/blog/ and http://vision.cloudera.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Editionand CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.