Upgrading Cloudera Search
There are several ways to upgrade an existing Cloudera Search installation. Generally, the process involves stopping Cloudera Search services, updating Search to the latest version, and then restarting Cloudera Search services. You can update Search to the latest version by using your operating system's package management tool and then restarting Cloudera Search services.
Upgrading with Cloudera Manager
If you are running Cloudera Manager, you can upgrade from within the Cloudera Manager Admin Console using parcels. For Search 1.x, which works with CDH 4, there is a separate parcel for Search. For Search for CDH 5, search in included within the CDH 5 parcel.
- To upgrade from CDH 4, follow the instructions for upgrading an individual parcel at Using parcels. If you need to upgrade CDH 4, you can upgrade the Search parcel at the same time; follow the instructions at Upgrading to the Latest Version of CDH 4 in a Cloudera Manager Deployment.
- For CDH 5.0, follow the instructions at Upgrading to CDH 5.
Upgrading Manually without Cloudera Manager
The update process is different for Search 1.x and Search for CDH 5. With Search 1.x, Search is a separate package from CDH. Thus, to upgrade from Search 1.x, upgrade to CDH 5, which includes Search as part of the CDH 5 repository.
- All collection configurations
Make sure you copy every node that is part of the SolrCloud.
- To upgrade Search 1.x, see Upgrading to the Latest Search 1.x.
- If you are running CDH 4 and want to upgrade to Search for CDH 5, see Upgrading Search 1.x to Search for CDH 5.
- Cloudera Search for CDH 5 is included as part of CDH 5. Therefore, to upgrade from Cloudera Search for CDH 5 Beta 2 to Cloudera Search for CDH 5.0, simply upgrade CDH. For more information, see Upgrading to CDH 5.