Product Compatibility Matrix
In an enterprise data hub, Cloudera Manager and CDH will interact with several projects such as Apache Accumulo, Cloudera Impala, Hue, Cloudera Search, Cloudera Navigator and so on. This guide provides information about which major and minor release version of a product is supported with which release version of Cloudera Manager, CDH and if applicable, Cloudera Search and Cloudera Impala.
Compatibility across different release versions of Cloudera Manager and CDH must be taken into account especially before carrying out install/upgrade procedures.
JDK compatibility also varies across different Cloudera Manager and CDH versions. Certain versions of CDH 4 are compatible with both JDK 6 and JDK 7. In such cases, ensure all your services are deployed on the same major version. For example, you should not run Hadoop on JDK 6 while running Sqoop on JDK 7. Additionally, since Cloudera does not support mixed environments, all nodes in your cluster must be running the same major JDK version.
- Feature: This column lists notable new features that have been included in a particular release. For products/releases that do not have this column, refer the respective Release Notes for detailed information.
- Lowest supported Cloudera Manager version: Specifies the earliest version of Cloudera Manager that supports a product release version.
- Lowest supported CDH version: Specifies the earliest version of CDH that supports a product release version. The Cloudera Search and Impala matrices are an exception to this since each release is only compatible with a specific CDH release.
- Lowest supported Impala version: This column may not apply to all products, for example, Cloudera Search.
- Lowest supported Search version: This column may not apply to all products, for example, Cloudera Impala.
- Integrated into CDH: This column specifies whether a particular release is shipped with CDH or available independently. This field may not apply to all products, for example, Cloudera Navigator.