In this exclusive conversation, the technical leaders of Cloudera discuss the definition, origins, and future of Big Data and Apache Hadoop — and their value for business and humankind.
Mike Olson, Dr. Amr Awadallah, Jeff Hammerbacher and Doug Cutting speak to the questions:
- What does the term “Big Data” mean — and where does most Big Data come from?
- In what way does tapping into Big Data offer new opportunities for innovation and transformation—not just for business, but also for humankind?
- Can you give us some examples of such “bigger questions”?
- Having the data is one thing; getting value from it is another. Specifically, how do Apache Hadoop and related technologies make it possible for these bigger questions to be asked?
- Does this new approach displace or complement existing ones?
- Specifically, how does Cloudera make asking bigger questions not only possible, but also practical?
- What’s next? What will Big Data, and Hadoop, look like in the future?