Cloudera Essentials for Apache Hadoop
Apply the fundamentals of big data and Hadoop. Cloudera University's one-day essentials course presents an overview of Apache Hadoop and how it can help decision-makers meet business goals, providing a fundamental introduction to the main components of Hadoop and its use cases in various industries. This course is a good starting point for any role or set of objectives and is part of the data analyst learning path and is also available as a free online video series.
I came away from the class with a far more solid understanding of the inner workings of MapReduce. Questions, no matter how detailed, were encouraged and answered precisely by Cloudera's well-prepared instructor.
- Alion Science and Technology
Find a Class Near You
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The occasions on which Hadoop is the appropriate platform for managing and analyzing data
- The ways organizations in different verticals are using Hadoop to maximize the value of data
- How Hadoop fits into the existing hardware, software, and data environment
- What you need to know about choosing Hadoop for your company
- Which resources are necessary to effectively deploy Hadoop in development and production
Audience & Prerequisites
This course is best suited to anyone who wants the big picture of Hadoop in the enterprise: CTOs, CIOs, technical managers, architects, data analysts, developers, administrators. A basic level of technical proficiency is valuable. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.