Cloudera Manager version 3 and CDH3 have reached End of Maintenance (EOM) as of June 20th, 2013. Cloudera will not support or provide patches for any of the Cloudera Manager version 3 and CDH3 releases. To view documentation related to later releases, click the Documentation link at the top of this page.
Java Development Kit Installation
Install the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) before deploying CDH3.
- To install the JDK, follow the instructions under Oracle JDK Installation. The completed installation must meet the requirements in the box below.
- If you have already installed a version of the JDK, make sure your installation meets the requirements in the box below.
- CDH3 requires Oracle JDK 1.6. Cloudera recommends version 1.6.0_26. The minimum supported version is 1.6.0_8.
After installing the JDK, and before installing and deploying CDH:
- Make sure you have the same version of the Oracle JDK on each node.
- Make sure the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set for the root user
on each node. You can check by using a command such
$ sudo env | grep JAVA_HOME
It should be set to point to the directory where the JDK is installed, as shown in the example below.
- On systems on which sudo clears or restricts environment variables,
you also need to add the following line to the /etc/sudoers
You may be able to install the Oracle JDK with your package manager, depending on your choice of operating system.