Cloudera Manager version 3 and CDH3 have reached End of Maintenance (EOM) as of June 20th, 2013. Cloudera will not support or provide patches for any of the Cloudera Manager version 3 and CDH3 releases. To view documentation related to later releases, click the Documentation link at the top of this page.
Introducing the User Manager
The User Manager enables you to manage, provision, and monitor user activity within a Hadoop cluster. By using User Manager, you can add, delete, and manage user accounts.
Starting User Manager
To start User Manager:To start User Manager, click this icon in the application bar at the bottom of the Hue web page. The User Manager window opens in the Hue web page.
To do most of the management tasks described in this section, you must log into Hue as a superuser, or be a group administrator. Users who don't have superuser or group administrator permissions can only change their own name, e-mail address, and password.
Managing User Accounts
Click Users to display the list of users accounts.
This list shows all the user accounts.
The User Manager provides two levels of user privileges:
- Superusers — have all permissions to perform any administrative function. A superuser can create more superusers and user accounts, and can also change any existing user account into a superuser.The first user who logs into after its initial installation automatically becomes the superuser.
- Users — can launch and use Hue applications.
Adding a User Account
To add a user account:
- In the User Manager window, click Add User.
- In the Create User dialog box, add information about the user.
- Click Save to save the information you specified and close the dialog box.
Deleting a User Account
To delete a user account:
- Select the account in the Users list.
- Click the Delete icon next to the user entry.
- Click Ok to confirm.