Java Development Kit Installation
Install the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) before deploying CDH4.
- To install the JDK, follow the instructions under Oracle JDK Installation. The completed installation must meet the requirements in the box below.
- If you have already installed a version of the JDK, make sure your installation meets the requirements in the box below.
- See CDH4 Requirements and Supported Versions for the recommended and supported JDK versions.
- If you are deploying CDH on a cluster, the same version of the Oracle JDK must be installed on each node.
- The JDK should be installed in /usr/java/jdk-version.
- In addition, to make sure the right version of the JDK is always used, follow these directions these directions.
After installing the JDK, and before installing and deploying CDH:
You may be able to install the Oracle JDK with your package manager, depending on your choice of operating system.
See this section for installation instructions.
|<< Mountable HDFS||Oracle JDK Installation >>|