Query Options for the SET Statement
You can specify the following options using the SET statement, and those settings affect all queries issued from that session.
Some query options are useful in day-to-day operations for improving usability, performance, or flexibility.
Other query options control special-purpose aspects of Impala operation and are intended primarily for advanced debugging or troubleshooting.
Options with Boolean parameters can be set to 1 or true to enable, or 0 or false to turn off.
In Impala 2.0 and later, you can set query options directly through the JDBC and ODBC interfaces by using the SET statement. Formerly, SET was only available as a command within the impala-shell interpreter.
- ABORT_ON_DEFAULT_LIMIT_EXCEEDED Query Option
- ABORT_ON_ERROR Query Option
- ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_FORMATS Query Option
- APPX_COUNT_DISTINCT Query Option (CDH 5.2 or higher only)
- BATCH_SIZE Query Option
- COMPRESSION_CODEC Query Option (CDH 5.2 or higher only)
- DEBUG_ACTION Query Option
- DEFAULT_ORDER_BY_LIMIT Query Option
- DISABLE_CODEGEN Query Option
- DISABLE_UNSAFE_SPILLS Query Option (CDH 5.2 or higher only)
- EXEC_SINGLE_NODE_ROWS_THRESHOLD Query Option (CDH 5.3 or higher only)
- EXPLAIN_LEVEL Query Option
- HBASE_CACHE_BLOCKS Query Option
- HBASE_CACHING Query Option
- MAX_ERRORS Query Option
- MAX_IO_BUFFERS Query Option
- MAX_SCAN_RANGE_LENGTH Query Option
- MEM_LIMIT Query Option
- NUM_NODES Query Option
- NUM_SCANNER_THREADS Query Option
- PARQUET_COMPRESSION_CODEC Query Option
- PARQUET_FILE_SIZE Query Option
- QUERY_TIMEOUT_S Query Option (CDH 5.2 or higher only)
- REQUEST_POOL Query Option
- RESERVATION_REQUEST_TIMEOUT Query Option (CDH 5 only)
- SUPPORT_START_OVER Query Option
- SYNC_DDL Query Option
- V_CPU_CORES Query Option (CDH 5 only)
|<< SET Statement||©2016 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved||ABORT_ON_DEFAULT_LIMIT_EXCEEDED Query Option >>|