Importing Cloudera Manager Settings
Backing up your Current Deployment
To back up your current deployment, please see the section on backing up your database in Database Considerations for Cloudera Manager Upgrades . The import feature should not be relied on for backup and recovery at this time.
Building a Cloudera Manager Deployment
You can use the Cloudera Manager API to programmatically build a Cloudera Manager Deployment — a definition of all the entities in your Cloudera Manager-managed deployment — clusters, service, roles, hosts, users and so on. See the Cloudera Manager API documentation on how to manage deployments using the /cm/deployment resource.
Uploading a Cloudera Manager 4.0 Configuration Script
To import the configuration script into Cloudera Manager:
- On every Cloudera Manager Agent host, run this command to stop the Cloudera Manager Agent:
$ sudo service cloudera-scm-agent stop
- Delete all services on the Services tab by choosing Delete from the Actions menu next to each service instance.
- Delete all hosts on the Hosts tab by clicking the check box at the top of list of hosts, and then click Delete.
- Copy the configuration script file that you downloaded during export to the host with the new Cloudera Manager server.
- Pull down the Administration tab and select Import.
- Click Browse, navigate to the file location, and click Open.
- Click Import.
- On every Cloudera Manager Agent host, run this command to start the Cloudera Manager Agent:
$ sudo service cloudera-scm-agent start
|<< Kerberos||Sending Usage and Diagnostic Data to Cloudera >>|