Cloudera Manager 5 Requirements and Supported Versions
This page describes requirements and supported third-party software for the latest version of Cloudera Manager. Specifically, it lists supported operating systems, browsers, and databases; and it explains which versions of TLS are supported by various components and which major and minor release version of each entity is supported for Cloudera Manager.
After installing each entity, upgrade to the latest patch version and apply any other appropriate updates. An available update may be specific to the operating system on which it is installed. For example, if you are using CentOS in your environment, you could choose 6 as the major version and 4 as the minor version to indicate that you are using CentOS 6.4. After installing this operating system, apply all relevant CentOS 6.4 upgrades and patches. In some cases, such as some browsers, a minor version may not be listed.
For the latest information on compatibility across all Cloudera products, see the Product Compatibility Matrix.
Supported Operating Systems
For a table of supported operating systems, see CDH and Cloudera Manager 5.8.x Supported Operating Systems
- SLES - SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, Service Pack 4, 64-bit is supported by CDH 5.7 and higher. Service Packs 2 and 3 are supported by CDH 5.0 through CDH 5.6. Service Pack 1 is not supported by CDH 5, only by CDH 4. Hosts running Cloudera Manager Agents must use SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP1.
- Debian - Wheezy 7.0, 7.1, and 7.8, 64-bit. (Squeeze 6.0 is only supported by CDH 4.)
- Ubuntu - Trusty 14.04 (LTS) and Precise 12.04 (LTS), 64-bit. (Lucid 10.04 is only supported by CDH 4.)
Supported JDK Versions
The version of Oracle JDK supported by Cloudera Manager depends on the version of CDH being managed. For more information see CDH and Cloudera Manager Supported JDK Versions.
Cloudera Manager can install Oracle JDK 1.7.0_67 during installation and upgrade. If you prefer to install the JDK yourself, follow the instructions in Java Development Kit Installation.
For a list of databases supported by Cloudera Manager, see CDH and Cloudera Manager Supported Databases.
Cloudera Manager requires several databases. The Cloudera Manager Server stores information about configured services, role assignments, configuration history, commands, users, and running processes in a database of its own. You must also specify a database for the Activity Monitor and Reports Manager roles.
The database you use must be configured to support UTF8 character set encoding. The embedded PostgreSQL database that is installed when you follow Installation Path A - Automated Installation by Cloudera Manager (Non-Production Mode) automatically provides UTF8 encoding. If you install a custom database, you may need to enable UTF8 encoding. The commands for enabling UTF8 encoding are described in each database topic under Cloudera Manager and Managed Service Datastores.
After installing a database, upgrade to the latest patch version and apply any other appropriate updates. Available updates may be specific to the operating system on which it is installed.
Cloudera supports the shipped version of MariaDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL for each supported Linux distribution. Each database is supported for all components in Cloudera Manager and CDH subject to the notes in CDH 4 Supported Databases and CDH 5 Supported Databases.
Supported CDH and Managed Service Versions
- CDH 4 and CDH 5. The latest released versions of CDH 4 and CDH 5 are strongly recommended. For information on CDH 4 requirements, see CDH 4 Requirements and Supported Versions. For information on CDH 5 requirements, see CDH 5 Requirements and Supported Versions.
- Cloudera Impala - Cloudera Impala is included with CDH 5. Cloudera Impala 1.2.1 with CDH 4.1.0 or higher. For more information on Impala requirements with CDH 4, see Impala Requirements.
- Cloudera Search - Cloudera Search is included with CDH 5. Cloudera Search 1.2.0 with CDH 4.6.0. For more information on Cloudera Search requirements with CDH 4, see Cloudera Search Requirements.
- Apache Spark - 0.90 or higher with CDH 4.4.0 or higher.
- Apache Accumulo - 1.4.3 with CDH 4.3.0, 1.4.4 with CDH 4.5.0, and 1.6.0 with CDH 4.6.0.
Supported Transport Layer Security Versions
To configure TLS security for the Cloudera Manager Server and Agents, see Configuring TLS Security for Cloudera Manager.