Why Cloudera + Teradata?
Teradata’s long-standing history of innovation in data management and data warehousing—combined with Cloudera’s leadership in big data solutions built on Apache Hadoop—jointly enable customers to define and implement a comprehensive, robust, big data solution based on the complementary nature of Hadoop and the enterprise data warehouse.
This strategic partnership delivers deeper software integration to include Cloudera in its Unified Data Architecture; as well as training, customer support, and consulting services that provide end-to-end solutions to our joint customers.
Joint Solution Overview
Cloudera and Teradata—the respective leaders in Hadoop and data warehousing—have joined forces in the areas of technology integrations and solutions, support, and trusted advisor consultation.
Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera is a purpose-built, integrated hardware and software solution for data at scale. The appliance runs Cloudera Enterprise with the additional benefits of simplified manageability and enterprise grade reliability that comes from an engineered appliance, all backed by Teradata and Cloudera’s world-class customer support. By minimizing the number of moving parts required for deployment and operations, the appliance allows companies to achieve faster time-to-value—thereby leveraging your current investments in technology and resources.
Teradata’s Unified Data Architecture—a big data architecture that includes Cloudera Enterprise, Teradata, and Teradata Aster Discovery Platform—enables clients to orchestrate workloads in such a way as to realize the right set of capabilities and economics for the right job. This architecture comes with a set of robust software technologies—Teradata QueryGrid™, Teradata Loom®, Teradata Connector for Hadoop, and Teradata Aster File Store—to provide a self-service platform with seamless access to all your data.
Teradata Customer Support provides maintenance and service for Cloudera Enterprise customers who require that a single vendor support the full ecosystem.
Teradata Professional Services for Hadoop and data warehouse are easily deployed for Cloudera Enterprise—with skills such as data cleansing, governance, data lineage, predictive analytics, and security. Teradata’s recent acquisition of Think Big brings strong Hadoop and Cloudera-specific skills to mutual customers.
- Watch the webinar: Introducing Apache Spark into Your Big Data Architecture
- Read the Solution Brief: Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera
- Read the Solution Brief: Unified Data Architecture
- Watch the Webinar: Achieving Pervasive Analytics through Data & Analytic Centricity
- Download the White Paper: Unifying the Enterprise Data Hub and the Integrated Data Warehouse
- Read: Cloudera and Teradata Announce Integrated, Enterprise-Ready Appliance for Hadoop
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing applications, and consulting services, helps organizations become more competitive by increasing the value of their data and customer relationships. Visit Teradata.com for full details.
Enterprise Data Management and Analytics
- Teradata is a certified Cloudera reseller offering Teradata Appliance for Hadoop with Cloudera, a purpose-built, integrated hardware and software solution for data at scale。
- Cloudera Enterprise, along with Teradata, Teradata Aster Discovery Platform, and other technologies, is an integral part of the Teradata Unified Data Architecture。