Cloudera’s four-day developer training course delivers the key concepts and expertise necessary to create robust data processing applications using Apache Hadoop.
Through lecture and interactive, hands-on exercises, attendees will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as
- MapReduce and the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and how to write MapReduce code
- Best practices and considerations for Hadoop development, debugging techniques and implementation of workflows and common algorithms
- How to leverage Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie and other projects from the Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Optimal hardware configurations and network considerations for building out, maintaining and monitoring your Hadoop cluster
- Advanced Hadoop API topics required for real-world data analysis
Upon completion of the course, attendees are able to attempt the Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH) exam. Certification is a great differentiator; it helps establish individuals as leaders in their field, providing customers with tangible evidence of their skills.
This course is intended for experienced developers who wish to write, maintain, and/or optimize Apache Hadoop jobs. A background in Java is preferred, but experience with other programming language such as PHP, Python or C# is sufficient.