The purpose of this exam is to provide organizations that use Hadoop with a means of identifying suitably qualified staff to install, configure, secure and troubleshoot a Hortonworks Data Platform cluster using Apache Ambari.
- Time Limit: 120 minutes
- Passing Score: 75%
- Language: English
- Price: USD $250
The exam is offered on both HDP 2.6 and HDP 3.0, managed with Ambari 2.7. Each candidate will be given access to an HDP cluster along with a list of tasks to be performed on that cluster.
Evaluation, Scoring and Reporting
Exam results are usually reported within 10 business days from Hortonworks University. Proctors and training partners are not authorized to report results directly to candidates. Exam results include the candidate’s final score and the required passing score.
Audience and Pre-requisites
The Minimally Qualified Candidate (MQC) for this certification has hands-on experience installing, configuring, securing and troubleshooting a Hadoop cluster, and can perform the objectives of the HDPCA exam.
The HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA) exam has five main categories of tasks that involve:
- Configure a local HDP repository
- Install ambari-server and ambariagent
- Install HDP using the Ambari
- install wizard
- Add a new node to an existing cluster
- Decommission a node
- Add an HDP service to a cluster using Ambari
- Change the configuration of a service using Ambari
- Configure the Capacity Scheduler
- Create a home directory for a user and configure permissions
- Restart an HDP service
- View an application’s log file
- Configure and manage alerts
- Troubleshoot a failed job
- Configure NameNode HA
- Configure ResourceManager HA
- Copy data between two clusters using distcp
- Create a snapshot of an HDFS directory
- Recover a snapshot
- Configure HiveServer2 HA
- Install and configure Knox
- Install and configure Ranger
"Cloudera has not only prepared us for success today, but has also trained us to face and prevail over our big data challenges in the future by using Hadoop."
Contact us at email@example.com