Audience and prerequisites
Book the course
- How would you like to train?
- Virtual Classroom
Take the next step - Spark and Hadoop Developer Training
Scala and Python developers learn key concepts and expertise participants need to ingest and process data on a Cloudera cluster using the most up-to-date tools and techniques, including Apache Spark, Impala, Hive, Flume, and Sqoop.
- Scala Overview
- Introducing Scala
- Scala’s Role in Distributed
- The Motivation for Scala
- Programming in Scala
- Putting Scala Basics to Work
Working with Data Types
- Overview of Scala Variables
- Operating with Numeric Types
- Building Boolean Expressions
- Working with Strings
Grouping Data Together
- Storing Elements of Different Types
- Overview of Scala Collection Types
- Creating a Collection of Unique Elements
- Fast Access to Head of Collection
- Fast Access to Arbitrary Elements
- Fast Access with a Key
- Common Collection Type Conversions
Flow Control in Scala
- Using Iterators
- Writing Functions
- Passing Functions as Arguments
- Collection Iteration Methods
- Pattern Matching
- Processing Data with Partial Functions
Using and Creating Libraries
- Using Classes and Objects
- Creating and Using Packages
- Importing Part of a Package
The path to certification
This course is excellent introductory preparation for the Cloudera Developer Training for Spark and Hadoop. Although we recommend further training and hands-on experience before attempting the exam, you are taking the first step towards CCA Certification.
Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
Advance your career
Big data developers are among the world's most in-demand and highly-compensated technical roles. Check out some of the job opportunities currently listed that match the professional profile, many of which seek CCA qualification.
We also provide private training at your site, at your pace, and tailored to your needs.