Data scientists build information platforms to ask and answer previously unimaginable questions. Learn how data science helps companies reduce costs, increase profits, improve products, retain customers and identify new opportunities.
Cloudera University’s three-day course helps participants understand what data scientists do and the problems they solve. Through in-class simulations, participants apply data science methods to real-world problems in different industries and, ultimately, prepare for data scientist roles in the field.
Through lecture and interactive, hands-on exercises, attendees will cover topics such as:
- The growing need for and enablers of data science, the role of data scientists and vertical use cases and business applications
- Where and how to acquire data, methods for evaluating source data and data transformation and preparation
- Types of statistics and analytical methods and their relationship
- Machine learning fundamentals and breakthroughs, the importance of algorithms and data as a platform
- How to implement and manage recommenders using Apache Mahout and how to set up and evaluate data experiments
- Steps for deploying to production and tips for working at scale