Setting Up a Virtual Machine for Cloudera Director Server
Cloudera Director server is used to provision CDH clusters. See the Azure document Create a Linux VM on Azure using the Portal for an overview on creating a Linux VM on Azure. We recommend using the CentOS image published by Cloudera on Marketplace.
- Instance size should be D3 or larger.
- Typically, install Cloudera Director in the same virtual network and subnet of the cluster.
- Typically, specify the same network security group.
- Typically, set the same availability as you will set on the master nodes.
- A Public IP address is optional, depending on the access pattern you use.