Upgrading the Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component
Minimum Required Role: Navigator Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator)
Before upgrading the Cloudera Navigator management component, review the following version-specific notes that apply to your upgrade:
- 2.6 and lower - The Cloudera Navigator Metadata Server requires an upgrade of data in the storage directory. Follow the procedure in Upgrading the Component.
- 2.4–2.6 - If you are using JDK 1.6, you must upgrade to JDK 1.7 or 1.8. See Java Development Kit Installation.
- 2.2 - Policies created with Cloudera Navigator 2.1 (containing the Beta version policy engine) are not retained when upgrading to Cloudera Navigator 2.2.
- 2.1 - When you upgrade to Cloudera Navigator 2.1 or higher from Navigator 2.0 or lower, the upgrade wizard adds a database for the Navigator Metadata Server. This is a different database than the currently existing Navigator Audit Server database.
- 2.0 - Cloudera does not provide an upgrade path from the Navigator Metadata Server that was a beta
release in Cloudera Navigator 1.2 to the Cloudera Navigator 2 release. If you are upgrading from Cloudera Navigator 1.2 (included with Cloudera Manager 5.0), you must perform a clean install of
Cloudera Navigator 2. If you have Cloudera Navigator roles from a 1.2 release:
- Delete the Navigator Metadata Server role.
- Remove the contents of the Navigator Metadata Server storage directory.
- Add the Navigator Metadata Server role according to the process described in Adding the Navigator Metadata Server.
- Clear the cache of any browser that used the 1.2 release of the Navigator Metadata component. Otherwise, you may see errors in the Navigator Metadata UI.
Upgrading the Component
- If upgrading from Cloudera Navigator 2.6 or lower, do the following before upgrading:
- Stop the Navigator Metadata Server role.
- Back up the Navigator Metadata Server storage directory.
- Make sure that the Navigator Metadata Server has sufficient memory to complete the upgrade.
- If you are using an Oracle database, in SQL*Plus, ensure that the following additional privileges are set:
GRANT EXECUTE ON sys.dbms_crypto TO nav; GRANT CREATE VIEW TO nav;where nav is the user of the Navigator Audit Server database.
- Upgrade Cloudera Manager, following the instructions in Cloudera Upgrade. For information on compatible Cloudera Navigator and Cloudera Manager versions, see the Product Compatibility Matrix for Cloudera Navigator product compatibility matrix.
- If upgrading from Navigator 2.6 or lower, start and log into the Cloudera Navigator data management component UI. The Upgrading Navigator page displays. Depending on the amount of data in the Navigator Metadata Server storage directory, the upgrade process can take three to four hours or longer.
- When the upgrade is complete, click Continue. The Cloudera Navigator landing page is displayed.
- Cloudera Navigator 2 Overview
- Installing the Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component
- Upgrading Cloudera Navigator Key Trustee Server
- Upgrading Cloudera Navigator Key HSM
- Upgrading Cloudera Navigator Encrypt
- Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component Administration
- Cloudera Data Management
- Configuring Encryption
- Configuring Authentication in the Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component
- Configuring TLS/SSL for the Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component
- Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component User Roles