Step 2: Install CDH Using the Wizard
After Cloudera Manager Server has started up, log in to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console:
- In a web browser, go to http://<server_host>:7180, where <server_host> is the FQDN or IP address of the host where the Cloudera Manager Server is running.
- Log into Cloudera Manager Admin Console. The default credentials are:
- After you log in, the End User License Terms and Conditions page displays. Read the terms and conditions and then check the box labeled Yes, I accept the End User License Terms and Conditions to accept them. Click Continue, and the installation wizard launches.
On the Select Edition page, you can select the edition of Cloudera Manager to install and, optionally, install a license:
- Choose which edition to install:
- Cloudera Express, which does not require a license, but provides a limited set of features.
- Cloudera Enterprise Cloudera Enterprise Trial, which does not require a license, but expires after 60 days and cannot be renewed.
- Cloudera Enterprise with one of the following license types:
- Essentials Edition
- Data Science and Engineering Edition
- Operational Database Edition
- Data Warehouse Edition
- Enterprise Data Hub Edition
- If you select Cloudera Enterprise, install a license:
- Click the Select License File field.
- Browse to the location of your license file, click the file, and click Open.
- Click Upload.
- Information is displayed indicating what the CDH installation includes. At this point, you can click the Support drop-down menu to access online Help or the Support Portal.
- Click Continue to proceed with the installation.
The Welcome page lists the software that will be installed. Click Continue to proceed with the installation.
Choose which hosts will run CDH and other managed services.
- To enable Cloudera Manager to automatically discover hosts on which to install CDH and managed services, enter the cluster hostnames or IP addresses in the Hostnames field. You can specify hostname and IP address ranges as follows:
Expansion Range Matching Hosts 10.1.1.[1-4] 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.3, 10.1.1.4 host[1-3].example.com host1.example.com, host2.example.com, host3.example.com host[07-10].example.com host07.example.com, host08.example.com, host09.example.com, host10.example.com
You can specify multiple addresses and address ranges by separating them with commas, semicolons, tabs, or blank spaces, or by placing them on separate lines. Use this technique to make more specific searches instead of searching overly wide ranges. Only scans that reach hosts running SSH will be selected for inclusion in your cluster by default. You can enter an address range that spans over unused addresses and then clear the nonexistent hosts later in the procedure, but wider ranges require more time to scan.
- Click Search. If there are a large number of hosts on your cluster, wait a few moments to allow them to be discovered and shown in the wizard. If the search is taking too long, you can stop the scan by clicking Abort Scan. You can modify the search pattern and repeat the search as many times as you need until you see all of the expected hosts.
- Verify that the number of hosts shown matches the number of hosts where you want to install services. Clear host entries that do not exist or where you do not want to install services.
- Click Continue.
The Select Repository screen displays.
- Select the repository type to use for the installation. For this proof-of-concept cluster, select Use Parcels (Recommended).
- Select the version of CDH to install. If you do not see the version you want to install, click the More Options button to add the repository URL for your version. Repository URLs for CDH 6 version are documented in CDH 6 Download Information. After adding the repository, click Save Changes and wait a few seconds for the version to appear. If your Cloudera Manager host uses an HTTP proxy, click the Proxy Settings button to configure your proxy.
- Specify any Additional Parcels you want to install. If you are installing CDH 6, do not select the KAFKA, KUDU, or SPARK parcels, because they are included in CDH 6.
- Select the specific release of the Cloudera Manager Agent you want to install on your hosts. You can choose either the version that matches the Cloudera Manager Server you are currently using (recommended) or specify a different version in a custom repository. If you opted to use custom repositories for installation files, you can provide a GPG key URL that applies for all repositories. Repository and GPG key URLs are documented in CDH 6 Download Information.
- Click Continue.
The Accept JDK License page displays.
Accept JDK License
Read the JDK license and check the box labeled Install Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK) if you accept the terms.
A second checkbox appears, labeled Install Java Unlimited Strength Encryption Policy Files. These policy files are required to enable AES-256 encryption in JDK versions lower than 1.8u161. JDK 1.8u161 and higher enable unlimited strength encryption by default, and do not require policy files.
After reading the license terms and checking the applicable boxes, click Continue.
Enter Login Credentials
- Select root for the root account, or select Another user and enter the username for an account that has password-less sudo privileges.
- Select an authentication method:
- If you choose password authentication, enter and confirm the password.
- If you choose public-key authentication, provide a passphrase and path to the required key files.
You can modify the default SSH port if necessary.
- Specify the maximum number of host installations to run at once. The default and recommended value is 10. You can adjust this based on your network capacity.
- Click Continue.
The Install Agents page displays.
The Install Agents page displays the progress of the installation. You can click on the Details link for any host to view the installation log. If the installation is stalled, you can click the Abort Installation button to cancel the installation and then view the installation logs to troubleshoot the problem.
If the installation fails on any hosts, you can click the Retry Failed Hosts to retry all failed hosts, or you can click the Retry link on a specific host.
After installing the Cloudera Manager Agent on all hosts, click Continue. The Install Parcels page displays.
The Install Parcels page reports the installation progress of the parcels you selected earlier. After the parcels are downloaded, progress bars appear representing each cluster host. You can click on an individual progress bar for details about that host.
After the installation is complete, click Continue.
The Inspect Hosts page displays.
The Inspect Hosts page runs the Host Inspector to search for common configuration problems. View the results and address any identified problems. Click the Run Again button to update the results after making any changes.
After addressing identified problems, click Finish.
This completes the Cluster Installation wizard and launches the Cluster Setup wizard.
Continue to Step 3: Set Up a Cluster Using the Wizard.