CDH 6 includes Apache Kafka as part of the core package. The documentation includes improved contents for how to set up, install, and administer your Kafka ecosystem. For more information, see the Cloudera Enterprise 6.0.x Apache Kafka Guide. We look forward to your feedback on both the existing and new documentation.
Issues Fixed in CDK 1.4.0 Powered By Apache Kafka
- KAFKA-1664: Kafka does not properly parse multiple ZK nodes with non-root chroot.
- KAFKA-1994: Evaluate performance effect of chroot check on Topic creation.
- KAFKA-2002: It does not work when kafka_mx4jenable is false.
- KAFKA-2024: Cleaner can generate unindexable log segments.
- KAFKA-2048: java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException thrown in AbstractFetcherThread when handling error returned from simpleConsumer.
- KAFKA-2050: Avoid calling .size() on java.util.ConcurrentLinkedQueue.
- KAFKA-2088: kafka-console-consumer.sh should not create zookeeper path when no brokers found and chroot was set in zookeeper.connect.
- KAFKA-2118: Cleaner cannot clean after shutdown during replaceSegments.
- KAFKA-2477: Fix a race condition between log append and fetch that causes OffsetOutOfRangeException.
- KAFKA-2633: Default logging from tools to Stderr.