CDH 6 includes Apache Kafka as part of the core package. The documentation includes improved contents for how to set up, install, and administer your Kafka ecosystem. For more information, see the Cloudera Enterprise 6.0.x Apache Kafka Guide. We look forward to your feedback on both the existing and new documentation.
Issues Fixed in CDK 2.1.0 Powered By Apache Kafka
- KAFKA-3787: Preserve the message timestamp in MirrorMaker
- KAFKA-3789: Upgrade Snappy to fix Snappy decompression errors
- KAFKA-3802: Log mtimes reset on broker restart or shutdown
- KAFKA-3894: Log cleaner can partially clean a segment
- KAFKA-3915: Do not convert messages from v0 to v1 during log compaction
- KAFKA-3933: Always fully read deepIterator
- KAFKA-3950: Only throw authorization exception if pattern subscription matches topic
- KAFKA-3977: Defer fetch parsing for space efficiency and to ensure exceptions are raised to the user
- KAFKA-4050: Allow configuration of the PRNG used for SSL
- KAFKA-4073: MirrorMaker should handle messages without timestamp correctly
Cloudera Distribution of Apache Kafka 2.1.0 is rebased on Apache Kafka 0.10. For a complete list of fixed issues, see https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.0.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html.