Fifth Annual Event Hosts Speakers from across Apache HBase Community
MEDIA ALERT: PALO ALTO, Calif. – April 6, 2016 –
What: Cloudera, the global provider of the fastest, easiest, and most secure data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies, announced today the speaker lineup for HBaseCon 2016, the fifth annual conference and the world’s biggest gathering of Apache HBase committers/contributors, administrators, and developers.
Who: HBaseCon’s goal is to continually inform the user community about best practices for running web-scale, HBase-based systems in production. Keynotes will include:
- "State of Apache HBase” - Apache HBase PMC
- "Facebook's Return to (Real) Open Source” - Facebook
- "Apache HBase at Yahoo! Scale" - Yahoo!
There will also be a "Future of Apache HBase" panel as well as speakers representing the largest/most impressive production HBase deployments in the world, including Airbnb, Alibaba, Cerner, Facebook, Google, Salesforce, Visa, Xiaomi, and Yahoo!
Sponsors include Bloomberg, Cask, Facebook, Google, Hortonworks, Pepperdata, and Salesforce. The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) is a Community Partner, and O'Reilly Media is a Media Partner. Cloudera is the host and organizer of HBaseCon, in coordination with the Apache HBase PMC.
When and Where: HBaseCon will be held in San Francisco on Tuesday, May 24, 2016, at The Village, Market Street.
- Registration and Sponsor Information: Registration for the event is now open at a cost of $475 (with group discounts available). Sponsorships are available at Gold and Silver levels, with several add-on options. To register or for more information about becoming a sponsor, visit: http://hbasecon.com.
- Book Signing: The authors of the new O’Reilly Media book, Architecting HBase Applications will be on hand to sign free copies.
- Training Discount: HBaseCon attendees will have exclusive access to a 15% discount on Apache HBase training from Cloudera University on May 25-27 in San Francisco immediately following the event (discount for this course and these dates only). For more information about HBase training from Cloudera University, visit http://cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/courses/hbase-training.html.
Cloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services. Learn more at http://cloudera.com.
Connect with Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Edition, Cloudera Navigator Optimizer and CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.