This four-day workshop covers data science and machine learning workflows at scale using Apache Spark 2 and other key components of a big data ecosystem. The workshop emphasizes the use of data science and machine learning methods to address real-world business challenges.
What to expect
The workshop is designed for data scientists who currently use Python or R to work with smaller datasets on a single machine and who need to scale up their analyses and machine learning models to large datasets on distributed clusters. Data engineers and developers with some knowledge of data science and machine learning may also find this workshop useful.
Workshop participants should have a basic understanding of Python or R and some experience exploring and analyzing data and developing statistical or machine learning models. Knowledge of Hadoop or Spark is not required.
The workshop includes brief lectures, interactive demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and discussions covering topics including:
- Overview of data science and machine learning at scale
- Overview of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Working with HDFS data and Hive tables using Hue
- Introduction to Cloudera Data Science Workbench
- Overview of Apache Spark 2
- Reading and writing data
- Inspecting data quality
- Cleansing and transforming data
- Summarizing and grouping data
- Combining, splitting, and reshaping data
- Exploring data
- Configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Spark applications
- Overview of machine learning in Spark MLlib
- Extracting, transforming, and selecting features
- Building and evaluating regression models
- Building and evaluating classification models
- Building and evaluating clustering models
- Cross-validating models and tuning hyperparameters
- Building machine learning pipelines
- Deploying machine learning models
Participants gain practical skills and hands-on experience with data science tools including:
- Spark, Spark SQL, and Spark MLlib
- PySpark and sparklyr
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW)
CDSW OnDemand Training
Cloudera Data Science Workbench enables fast, easy, and secure self-service data science for the enterprise. And our OnDemand CDSW Training provides the quickest path to production.
Advance your career
Data Scientists are among the world's most in-demand and highly-compensated technical roles. Check out some of the job opportunities currently listed that match the professional profile.
We also provide private training at your site, at your pace, and tailored to your needs.