Audience & Prerequisites
This course is intended for developers and data engineers with at least basic familiarity with Hadoop and experience programming in a general-purpose language such as Java, C, C++, Perl, or Python. Participants should be comfortable with the Linux command line and should be able to perform basic tasks such as creating and removing directories, viewing and changing file permissions, executing scripts, and examining file output. No prior experience with Apache Solr or Cloudera Search is required, nor is any experience with HBase or SQL.
Book the course
- How would you like to train?
- Virtual Classroom
Advance Your Ecosystem Expertise
Cloudera Search brings full-text, interactive search and scalable, flexible indexing to an enterprise data hub. Powered by Apache Solr, Search delivers scale and reliability for a new generation of integrated, multi-workload queries.
Overview of Cloudera Search
- What is Cloudera Search?
- Helpful Features
- Use Cases
- Basic Architecture
Performing Basic Queries
- Executing a Query in the Admin UI
- Basic Syntax
- Techniques for Approximate Matching
- Controlling Output
Writing More Powerful Queries
- Relevancy and Filters
- Query Parsers
- Geospatial Search
Preparing to Index Documents
- Overview of the Indexing Process
- Understanding Morphlines
- Generating Configuration Files
- Schema Design
- Collection Management
Batch Indexing HDFS Data with MapReduce
- Overview of the HDFS Batch Indexing Process
- Using the MapReduce Indexing Tool
- Testing and Troubleshooting
Near-Real-Time Indexing with Flume
- Overview of the Near-Real-Time Indexing Process
- Introduction to Apache Flume
- How to Perform Near-Real-Time Indexing with Flume
- Testing and Troubleshooting
Indexing HBase Data with Lily
- What is Apache HBase?
- Batch Indexing for HBase
- Indexing HBase Tables in Near-Real-Time
Indexing Data in Other Languages and Formats
- Field Types and Analyzer Chains
- Word Stemming, Character Mapping, and Language Support
- Schema and Analysis Support in the Admin UI
- Metadata and Content Extraction with Apache Tika
- Indexing Binary File Types with SolrCell
Improving Search Quality and Performance
- Delivering Relevant Results
- Helping Users Find Information
- Query Performance and Troubleshooting
Building User Interfaces for Search
- Search UI Overview
- Building a User Interface with Hue
- Integrating Search into Custom Applications
Considerations for Deployment
- Planning for Deployment
- Determining Hardware Needs
- Security Overview
- Collection Aliasing
Advance Your Career
Big data analysts are among the world's most in-demand and highly-compensated technical roles. Check out some of the job opportunities currently listed that match the professional profile, many of which seek experience with Search and Solr.
We also provide private training at your site, at your pace, and tailored to your needs.
Your form submission has failed.
This may have been caused by one of the following:
- Your request timed out
- A plugin/browser extension blocked the submission. If you have an ad blocking plugin please disable it and close this message to reload the page.