Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The use cases and usage occasions for HBase, Hadoop, and RDBMS
- Using the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- Designing optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API, configure the HBase cluster, and administer an HBase cluster
- Best practices for identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Audience & Prerequisites
This course is best suited to developers and administrators who have experience with databases and data modeling, although it is not required. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Find a Class
Advance Your Ecosystem Expertise
Apache HBase is a distributed, scalable, NoSQL database for Big Data built on Hadoop. HBase can store data in massive tables consisting of billions of rows and millions of columns, serve data to many users in near real time, and provide fast, random read/write access to applications.