Migrating Solr Replicas
Migrating replicas is valuable in cases such as when a node is to be replaced. In such a case, migrating any collections on that node to a new node can help ensure optimal performance by deliberately migrating the replica rather than depending on failure recovery.
To migrate a replica to a new node
- Node names origin and destination.
- Collection name email
- Replica names email_shard1_replica2, which is on origin and email_shard1_replica3, which will be on destination.
Cloudera recommends using API calls for creating and unloading cores. Do not use the Cloudera Manager Admin Console for these tasks.
- Use curl to add the new collection on the destination server using the CREATE API.
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, verify core creation succeeds, and that the core moves from recovery state to UP.
- Use curl to remove the core.properties from /var/lib/solr on the origin node using the
UNLOAD API. For example:
- In the Cloudera Manager Admin Console, verify that the old replica has been removed.