Exposing HBase Metrics to a Ganglia Server
Ganglia is a popular open-source monitoring framework. You can expose HBase metrics to a Ganglia instance so that Ganglia can detect potential problems with your HBase cluster.
Expose HBase Metrics to Ganglia Using Cloudera Manager
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator)
- Go to the HBase service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select the HBase Master or RegionServer role. To monitor both, configure each role as described in the rest of the procedure.
- Select .
- Locate the Hadoop Metrics2 Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) property or search for it by typing its name in the Search box.
- Edit the property. Add the following, substituting the server information with your own.
hbase.sink.ganglia.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.ganglia.GangliaSink31 hbase.sink.ganglia.servers=<Ganglia server>:<port> hbase.sink.ganglia.period=10
To apply this configuration property to other role groups as needed, edit the value for the appropriate role group. See Modifying Configuration Properties Using Cloudera Manager.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart the role.
- Restart the service.