Last Updated: Nov 15, 2013
The TRUSTe program covers our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our website, www.cloudera.com, our Platform and does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software or through our mobile applications. The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Cloudera.
Cloudera complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Cloudera has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Cloudera’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, postal address and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information. This may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of our Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of our Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Assist with the development of our Services and other purposes related to Cloudera’s business;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
By accessing and using the Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third Party Analytics
Specifically, Cloudera uses an integrated version of Google Analytics. You may opt out from Google Analytics by use the Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. We also encourage you to use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Cloudera takes reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or suspend your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt into, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Cloudera qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having your information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please insert description of opt out mechanism. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-789-1488.