Open Source, Interactive Search for Hadoop
Get Answers Quickly
User-friendly search and drill-down navigation helps users find relevant data across large, disparate data stores with mixed formats and structures.
Accelerate Data Exploration
Discover the “shape of data” quickly and easily during data modeling and exploration with faceted search interfaces and free-text query APIs.
Use Familiar Tools
Data ROI is maximized by offering non-technical users a common, intuitive method for accessing and querying data stored in Apache Hadoop.
Sharing source data with multiple computing frameworks on the same Hadoop cluster, including Search, lets you consolidate data silos and minimize expensive data movement.
Streamline and Unify Operations
Building search capabilities on a single, centrally managed infrastructure provides optimal efficiency and control during deployment, provisioning, and monitoring.
- Full-text search and faceted navigation on HDFS and HBase content
- Batch indexing at scale via MapReduce
- Integration with Flume and HBase for near real-time (NRT) indexing
- Out-of-the-box field extraction of Hadoop-optimized file formats
- Scalable and fault-tolerant index storage and access via HDFS
- Integration with Apache Sentry (incubating) for role-base, fine-grained authorization
- Shared infrastructure, resources, and data with other Hadoop services
Get Support for Search with Cloudera Enterprise
Cloudera Enterprise is the best way to get the most from Search in production environments. When you deploy Search with Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition or Data Hub Edition as part of an enterprise data hub, you can rely on our unique ability to support Search, as well as actively influence the future of the project.