Upgrading Cloudera Manager
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator)
This topic describes how to upgrade Cloudera Manager from any 5.x or 6.x version to a higher version of Cloudera Manager 5.x or 6.x, including major, minor, and maintenance releases using operating system command-line package commands, and then complete the upgrade using Cloudera Manager. Upgrades to Cloudera Manager 6.x are only possible from Cloudera Manager 5.7 or higher.
Cloudera Navigator is also upgraded when you upgrade Cloudera Manager.
- Upgrades the database schema to reflect the current version.
- Upgrades the Cloudera Manager Server and all supporting services.
- Upgrades the Cloudera Manager agents on all hosts.
- Redeploys client configurations to ensure that client services have the most current configuration.
- Upgrades Cloudera Navigator.
Upgrading Cloudera Manager does not upgrade CDH clusters. See Upgrading CDH for CDH upgrade procedures.