Step 2: Install Java Development Kit
- The installed JDK must be a supported version as documented in CDH and Cloudera Manager Supported JDK Versions.
- The same version of the Oracle JDK must be installed on each cluster host.
- The JDK must be installed at /usr/java/jdk-version.
Installing the JDK
The Oracle JDK installer is available both as an RPM-based installer for RPM-based systems, and as a .tar.gz file. These instructions are for the .tar.gz file.
- Download the .tar.gz file for one of the 64-bit supported versions of the Oracle JDK from Java SE 8 Downloads. (This link is correct at the time of writing, but can change.)
- Extract the JDK to /usr/java/jdk-version. For example:
tar xvfz /path/to/jdk-8u<update_version>-linux-x64.tar.gz -C /usr/java/
- Repeat this procedure on all cluster hosts. After you have finished, continue to Step 4: Install CDH Packages.