Apache Oozie Workflow Scheduler for Hadoop is a workflow and coordination service for managing Apache Hadoop jobs:
- Oozie Workflow jobs are Directed Acyclical Graphs (DAGs) of actions; actions are typically Hadoop jobs (MapReduce, Streaming, Pipes, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, etc).
- Oozie Coordinator jobs trigger recurrent Workflow jobs based on time (frequency) and data availability.
- Oozie Bundle jobs are sets of Coordinator jobs managed as a single job.
Oozie is an extensible, scalable and data-aware service that you can use to orchestrate dependencies among jobs running on Hadoop.
- To find out more about Oozie, see https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/oozie/.
- To install or upgrade Oozie, follow the directions on this page.