Configuring TLS/SSL for the Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component
To enable SSL communication between the Cloudera Navigator Metadata Server and its clients:
- Open the Cloudera Manager Admin Console and go to the Cloudera Management Service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Select .
- Edit the following properties according to your cluster configuration.
Property Description Enable TLS/SSL for Navigator Metadata Server Encrypt communication between clients and Navigator Metadata Server using Transport Layer Security (TLS) (formerly known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL)). TLS/SSL Keystore File Location The path to the TLS/SSL keystore file containing the server certificate and private key used for TLS/SSL. Used when Navigator Metadata Server is acting as a TLS/SSL server. The keystore must be in JKS format. TLS/SSL Keystore File Password The password for the Navigator Metadata Server JKS keystore file. TLS/SSL Keystore Key Password The password that protects the private key contained in the JKS keystore used when Navigator Metadata Server is acting as a TLS/SSL server.
- Click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart the Navigator Metadata Server.
- Restart Impala.